The best of Himachal covers the places of Shimla, Manali, Rohtang Pass, Solang Valley, Manikaran, Kasol, Dharamshala, Dalhousie, Khajjiar, Chamba, and Amruitsar. The trip will start from Delhi and end to Amruitsar. 10 days are enough for Himachal with Amruitsar. With these 11 days you will visit all these places on one route. You can reach Delhi by bus, train, or flight. To reach Shimla from Delhi by road is the shortest and easiest route. The distance between the places and time required from one place to another place is shared.
If you are planning trip to Himachal Pradesh and do not know what are the places to visit, how many days are required to visit the places, from where to start and end. Then this article is the best for you.
Day 1. Delhi – Shimla
- On arrival at Delhi station or airport proceed to Shimla
- Overnight stay in the hotel at Shimla
- The distance between Delhi to Shimla is 348 km and requires 9 hours.
Day 2. Shimla
- Visit the Kurfi – beautiful place near Shimla. You can go by walk or by pony ride to Kurfi. Enjoy the panoramic view of Himalaya.
- Visit and enjoy on the famous Mall Road in Shimla. Mall Road is the best place for shopping. Also visit the Ridge, Christ Church, Viceregal Logge, Kali Bari temple and Vax museum.
- Overnight stay at Shimla
Day 3. Shimla – Manali
- After early breakfast proceed for Manali, the beautiful and most visited place in Himachal Pradesh. While going by road see the beautiful Beas river flowing by the road side.
- Evening visit the Mall Road in Manali.
- Overnight stay in the hotel at Manali
- The distance between Shimla to Manali is 236 km and requires 7 hours 30 min.
Day 4. Manali
- In the morning proceed toward Rohtang Pass which is famous mountain pass for scenic view. Enjoy the playing in the soft white snow. Also enjoy the coolest and chilled atmosphere at the Rohtang pass.
- After lunch on the way visit Solang Valley on the way. The Solang valley is famous for sport activities like rope way and paragliding. Go to the top point by rope way. Enjoy the beautiful scene from the top point.
- The distance between Manali to Rohtang pass is 51 km (one way) and requires 1 hour 30 min.
Day 5. Manali
- After breakfast start for Manikaran for Gurudwara Sahib – a Sikh House of worship.
- Another most visited thing is the natural hot water spring. Many people boil the rice in boiling spring water in few minute.
- On the way visit Kasol a new emerging visitor’s choice place in Himachal Pradesh. The Parvati valley is scenic view at 40 km from Kasol.
- The distance between Manali to Manikaran is 82 km (one way) and requires 2 hours and 30 min.
Day 6. Manali
- There are many famous places to visit in Manali. The most visited places are Hadimba Devi temple in a forest, Manu Temple in old Manali, Tibetian Buddhist temple, Nehru Kund. Visit the Tibetian Market for shopping of woolen items.
- Get down in the Beas river and play in the chilled water.
- Evening enjoy on the famous The Mall Road.
Day 7. Manali – Dharamshala
- After Breakfast start to Dharamshala.
- Visit the world famous Namgyal Tibetian Monastery. This is also a residence of world famous Tibetian Buddhist Monk, The Dalai Lama. This place is located in Mcleodganj area. The surrounding area of this monastery has spiritual atmosphere.
- Another visiting place is Dharamshala cricket stadium situated in the lap of majestic Himalayan mountain range.
- The distance between Manali to Dharamshala is 220 km and requires 6 hours 45 min.
Day 8. Dharamshala – Dalhousie
- Morning start to Dalhousie a very clean and beautiful city in the Himalaya. After reaching and check-in hotel visit local places of Panchpula, Subhash Baoli, Dainkund peak, Bakrota hill.
- The distance betweenDharamshala to Dalhousie is 120 km and requires 4 hours.
Day 9. Dalhousie – Khajjiar – Chamba – Dalhousie
- Start journey to Chamba enroute visit Khajjiar – the Mini Switzerland of India. Beautiful destination in Himachal Pradesh. In Chamba visit Bhuri Singh Museum. On route enjoy the beauty of Ravi River.
- The distance between Dalhousie to Khajjiar is 20 km and requires 1 hours.
Day 10 Dalhousie – Amritsar
- Start early in the morning for Amritsar. On the same day visit Wagha Border Ceremony in the evening at India Pakistan Border.
- Stay in the hotel.
- The distance between Dalhousie to Amritsar is 196 km and requires 4 hours 45 min.
Day 11. Amritsar
- Morning visit the world famous Golden Temple, and Jallianwala Baugh.
The tour end here. Free to your return journey.
I hope this itinerary will be useful to you for planning your next trip to Himachal Pradesh with Amruitsar.
Please leave your reply.