Travelling is not simple and easy without an itinerary. We prepared our itinerary for char dham yatra well advance 3 to 4 months before going to char dham yatra. We booked our air flight and vehicle for local sightseeing according to the itinerary. While preparing the itinerary the factors considered were the dates, the days, number of stays and places of stay, time required from going one place to another place, time required to visit the sightseeing place, time required to take lunch and tea or breakfast on the road side.
We followed this itinerary strictly and our trip became successful. I am sharing this itinerary for those who are interested to complete the char dham yatra. We started our char dham yatra from Deharadum and after visiting all the char dham again reached to Dehradun.
Factors Considered For Preparing The Itinerary
The following table shows the days, dates, starting destination and reaching destination, distance between two destinations, time required to cover the distance and night stay.
I hope that this information will be useful to you for planning your next trip to char dham yatra.
|Days||Date||Travel From||Travel To||Distance||Time required for travel||Night stay|
|1||Dehradun||Barkot||126 km||5 hr||Barkot|
|2||Barkot Yamunotri||Yamunotri Barkot||46 km drive + 6 km trek One side||2.30 hr road journey + Depend on your walking speed||Barkot|
|3||Barkot Gangotri||Gangotri Uttarkashi||180 km 100 km||6 hr 3 hr||Uttarkashi|
|4||Uttarkashi||Sitapur||220 km||8-9 hr||Sitapur|
|5||Sitapur||Kedarnath Dham||16 km trek||Depends on your speed||Kedarnath Dham|
|6||Kedarnath Dham||Sitapur||16 km||Depends on your speed||Sitapur|
|7||Sitapur||Badrinath||210 km||9 hr||Badrinath|
|8||Badrinath||Rudraprayag||155 km||6 hr||Rudraprayag|
|9||Rudraprayag||Rishikesh||141 km||5 hr||Rishikesh|
|10||Rishikesh (Early morning)||Dehradun||45 km||1.30 hr||At your place|
Map of The Char Dhm Yatra.
The road journey of char dham yatra is not simple. You can not reach straight from one dham to another dham. Many times you have to come back on the same route and then can go to another dham. The speed of the vehicle is limited. This increased the number of stay. The map of the char dham yatra is produced for your information
Important Tips While Preparing The Itinerary.
1. You can change or modify the itinerary according to your convenient.
2. The time considered when smooth running on the road.
3. But always, every day jam happens on the char dham dham yatra road .
4. At some places the conditions of the road is bad then it becomes difficult to maintain
the speed of vehicle.
5. Lot of Vehicles runs on the peak seasons in that case also, some time it is not possible
to maintain the speed of vehicle.
6. Always better to start early in the morning.
7. At all the dhams, always there is long queue of devotees for the darshan. It will be
better to consider this time while preparing the itinerary.
8. There are other beautiful places in that region and can be covered in the same trip
9. Driving in this area not allowed after 8 pm to 4 am.
I hope the information given above will be useful to you for preparing the itinerary for
char dham yatra.
Please leave your reply.